1. Navy has SAVI’s that are first class petty officers, and Chief’s those duty is secondary to there first duty. My experience is that this is just a secondary duty and they do not care. I tried to reach out to them and get help. They told me that they could not help me and in two times I was retaliated against.
2. Second, You have A Department Head, ASUPPO, Division Officer, Chief Warrant Officer, Master Chief, Senior, Chiefs, First Class Petty Officer, Second Class Petty Officer, Third Class Petty Officers, Seaman, Seaman Apprentice and then E-1
3. Above them is the Captain, Executive Officer, and Command Master Chief
4. Then like on the Reagan is the Admiral.
5. The retaliation can start any where in this chain of command and affect the person that reported Military Sexual Trauma.
6. If Sailor tries to go to SAVI, she is told we can not help you
7. There is only one male psychologist on an aircraft carrier and I had no one to talk to
8. Fleet and Family has therapists but none of them are trained therapists that understand Post Traumatic Stress and Rape.
9. You have NCIS, OSI that says they do an investigation but are there to protect the rapist and does not even care when there is clear evidence.
10. They protect rapists at all costs. We have Military Hospitals losing medical records, rape kits and investigations.
Next you have the Senate that would not allow a vote on MJIA and hide in the bill for women to register for selective service. They say that by doing this they are making us equal when they still have not done anything to stop retaliation, rape, protect rapists and ruin survivors careers. So there logic is make women equal by having us register for Selective Service.They say this is making women equal. It’s not making women equal. It’s putting more women into the service to be raped. They have done nothing to fix the problem and still do nothing about the rapists. Also, they still protect rapists and promote them.
They have not done any thing about the abuse and retaliation that occurs from the chain of command. They still have rapists that rape and have been promoted. They still have officers that are not trained in how to do a rape kit. You still have facilities losing rape kits, ever really investigating and allowing this is happen daily. You have the Senate ignoring the problem and not doing a damn thing about it.
How is putting more women into be raped, betrayed, retaliated against cultural change? And they conveniently do this after a terrorist attack hoping that the American people would not be paying attention.